Falken takes on the ULTRA4 4 Wheel Parts Glen Helen Grand Prix
With strong results throughout five classes, Falken had a great time showing off their increasing success in off-roading at the ULTRA4 4 Wheel Parts Glen Helen Grand Prix. The event was held on Saturday at the historic Glen Helen Motorsports Park in San Bernardino, outside Los Angeles where Falken had a full complement of racers.
With three first place finishes and plenty of top three podium positions, the WildPeak line’s durability, strength and capabilities really shone through.
The drivers were put to the test with the course consisting of massive hill climbs, huge jumps and high speed straight ways. Over 120 cars ran over the five classes – the Ultra4 4400 Unlimited Class, 4500 Modified Class, 4600 Stock Class, 4700 Spec Class and 4800 Legends Class, with temperatures approaching the high 30°s, the drivers competed for 2 hours over a 3 mile course.
Falken teams in the 4400, 4500, 4700 and 4800 classes ran on Falken’s WildPeak M/T tyre, while the 4600 Stock class utilised the WildPeak A/T tyre.
- Falken supporter Jessi Combs, in the Falken Teal and Blue Lovery spec car, had a rollover early in the race, but managed to rally her way to second place
- Chris Ridgeway Extreme Games champion and X – Games Medalist took third in 4700 class
- Jonathon and Jordan Brenthel, Falken regulars, qualified second in 4700, but due to overheating issues, came out fourth
- Savvy Off Road/Currie Enterprises’ John Currie finished in second place in the 4500 Class
- Falken veteran Richie Carter stood on the podium with first place in the 4800 Legends class
- Another Falken veteran team – VP Racing, driven by Jacob Pacheco and Ben Varozza placed in first in the 4600 Class
- Poor Boy Racing team driver Shawn McNamara, came in third in the 4600 class
- Jason Blanton – yet another Falken regular- came in sixth place in the unlimited Class, 4400.