Sumitomo Rubber Australia and Associated Businesses
Personal information is information about you, or which identifies you, like your name, contact details, and our records about you. It may include sensitive information about you, such as your health information.
Collection of your personal information
We collect personal information from our retail customers, employees and franchisees (including prospective employees and franchisees), contractors, service providers and other individuals. We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will collect your personal information in different ways through our interactions with you, such as:
- in person, when you visit one of our premises or otherwise meet with us in person
- where we communicate by telephone, mail, or email
- when you submit a form or provide documents or information when accessing our services, including when you use our websites
- if you are one of our business contacts
- when you participate in a survey or competition
- when you apply for a job or placement with us.
In some cases, where it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your personal information directly from you, we will seek to obtain it from others, such as from your representatives (e.g. solicitor, accountant), from publicly available sources, and from government agencies. We may also collect personal information in connection with our franchisee placement, employment and recruitment functions from third party recruitment agencies, from third parties you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf, from referees you have given us authority to contact, from police or background checks, and from our workers and contractors.
The personal information we collect will depend on the circumstance under which we collect the personal information. It may include:
- for retail customers of our outlets: your name and contact details, and information about you
- for business contacts, including businesses supplying us with goods or services, and contractors: your name and contact details, and other information we need to do business with you and your organisation
- for recipients of our trade credit services (or their guarantors): information about your payment performance, as well as personal information about you from publicly available sources, or in some cases, from credit reporting agencies that we deal with
- for franchisee placement, recruitment and employment purposes: your name, contact details, resume, identification documents, and other information reasonably necessary to evaluate your application.
Why we handle your personal information
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a high standard of service in relation to our products and services. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to interact, and otherwise manage our relationship, with you
- to provide you with our products and services
- to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you
- to do business with our business contacts
- for human resources management
- to extend credit to you and, if necessary, enforce our credit
- for any purpose required or permitted by law
- for any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented
- for any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect, and
- otherwise to run our business.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to others, such as:
- your agents or representatives
- our service providers and other business associates
- our related companies
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors
- in relation to (prospective) trade creditors – other credit providers, trade referees and credit rating service providers
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
We may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located outside of Australia, including in Japan. We seek to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Security of your personal information
We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. Electronic information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
We seek to ensure that personal information that we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Our employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information held by us confidentially.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have rights under privacy legislation to request copies of the personal information that we hold about you, and to request its correction. If you would like to access, or request correction of, the information that we hold about you, you can contact us on the details provided below. If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice explaining our reasons for refusing access. We may ask you to pay our reasonable costs of providing you with access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We seek to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We encourage you to contact us on the details provided below to seek correction of the personal information we hold about you if you believe that it is inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse, we will provide you with a written notice explaining the basis for our refusal.
We may use the personal information that we hold about you, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving all or certain types of marketing information from us at any time by contacting us on the details provided below.
A cookie is a small file that our web server may send to your device when you visit our websites. A cookie is stored on your machine each time you visit one of our websites, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer. A cookie stores information such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, your internet service provider, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your mobile service carrier, and the online address of a previously visited site.
Most internet browsers allow you to control the extent to which your device collects and activates cookies. Any information we seek to collect via cookies is used to better understand our customer’s needs and the services they are seeking from us.
Questions and complaints
Address: 72-74 Jedda Rd, Prestons, NSW,2170
Telephone: 1300 858 112
Email: [email protected]
We will investigate any complaint regarding the handling of our personal information and will advise you of the outcome of our investigations in writing. You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or sending an email to [email protected].
More information about your rights and our obligations in relation to privacy, and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, which can be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au or by mail to GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or by email to [email protected].